Paragon Brands to distribute Maison Villevert brands
Paragon Brands has been appointed as UK importer and distributor for Maison Villevert’s portfolio of spirits.
Maison Villevert, based in Cognac, France, has a collection of premium spirits including G’Vine Gin, Nouaison Gin by G’Vine, Excellia Tequila, La Quintinye Vermouth Royal and June Liqueur.
Paragon Brands was formed in 2017 by Chris Jones, former commercial director at Catalyst Brands, and Jonathan Hammond, md of UK premium spirits wholesaler, Hammonds of Knutsford.
Jones said: “We are incredibly proud to be working in the UK with Maison Villevert; they have an unrivalled reputation for premium drinks brand creation. The UK premium gin market still continues to grow at 19% and with G-Vine, and Nouaison we have two of the highest award-winning gins in the world, crafted in the Cognac region.”
Maison Villevert was founded in 2001 by Jean-Sebastien Robicquet (winemaker and distiller). The company specialises in the creation and production of super-premium spirits made from grapes.
The range available through Paragon Brands includes:
* Nouaison Gin by G’Vine, which officially launched in November 2017. The gin was designed to enhance classic cocktails and it has an intensely aromatic profile.
* G’Vine Gin, which is the number one premium French gin, according to the producer. The product is crafted with grapes and vine flowers.
* Excellia Tequila, which is made using 100% pure agave tequila handcrafted in Los Altos. Excellia undergoes ageing in grand cru sauternes wine casks and in Cognac barrels.
* La Quintinye Vermouth Royal, a French vermouth which uniquely blends fine wines and Pineau des Charentes, born in the heart of the vineyards of the Charente region. The recipe also includes a mix of natural spices and plants.
* June Liqueur, described as "the only liqueur in the world made from a bouquet of vine flowers".